FOR UK DELIVERIES ONLY.
FOR DELIVERY OVERSEAS, PLEASE EMAIL US ON firstname.lastname@example.org TELLING US YOUR LOCATION AND WHICH BOOK/S YOU WANT TO BUY, AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH DELIVERY COSTS.
To order copies of one (or all) our books, please click the ‘Add to Cart’ button/s below to pay via PayPal, or click the link here to open our order form and pay by cheque. If you have Adobe Reader loaded on your computer, it should display the form. Print the page and fill it in by hand. Send it to our address which is on the form.
If you don’t have Adobe Reader on your computer, you can download it from here. (Unclick the optional offers in the middle of the page – you do not need them to get our order form.)
The Turret Clocks of T. Cooke & Sons of York – a historical perspective 1807 – 1897 by Steve and Darlah Thomas
£75.00 plus £11.00 delivery to a UK mainland address. (For delivery to an address overseas, please email us on email@example.com for cost.) This is a heavy book weighing 3.5kg.
- Hardback cover with dust jacket.
- Total of 592 pages approx. 305mm x 224mm.
- Over 2,000 illustrations, mostly in colour.
- History of Thomas Cooke and his family business including all the types of clock they made, plus their world renowned telescopes, astronomical, surveying and scientific instruments.
- Details of all the turret clocks found, usually with three pages of illustrations of each one.
- Turret clocks made by brother Barnard Cooke in Hull.
- An analysis of frame styles; clocks made for the GPO and for ‘the trade’; lost clocks; pages from a Cooke Order Book, and much more.
Joyce of Whitchurch Clockmakers 1690 – 1965 by Steve and Darlah Thomas
£48.00 plus delivery to a UK mainland address £6.50. (For delivery to an address overseas, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for cost.) This book weighs over 2kg.
Hardback book 670 pages Over 1,500 illustrations, mostly in colour.
History of the Joyce family of clockmakers based at Wrexham, Cockshutt and Whitchurch, including some examples of non-turret clocks they made.
A chronology of turret clocks tracing the development in turret clock design.
A year in the life of the company – 1957 from the company Day Book.
And much more.
The Gloverstone Clockmakers of Chester by Steve and Darlah Thomas
£20.00 Includes postage to a UK mainland address. (For delivery to an address overseas, please email us on email@example.com for cost.)
- A5 softback book 180 pages 200 illustrations mostly in colour.
- The history of Gloverstone, a unique enclave within the boundaries of Chester but outside the city’s jurisdiction.
- Histories of Gloverstone’s most notable clockmakers.
- 49 Gloverstone-made clocks illustrated and described.
Copies of all our books are also available from Jeffrey Formby Horological Books. (Clicking here should lead you to our books on his website, but as the site is frequently updated as books are sold or added, you may need to go to the page before this, or the page after.)